Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I found this quote on a website and thought I would share with everyone.

On this website Dan Kurland states the following:
"No one always acts completely objectively and rationally. We connive for selfish interests. We gossip, boast, exaggerate, and equivocate. It is "only human" to wish to validate our prior knowledge, to vindicate our prior decisions, or to sustain our earlier beliefs. In the process of satisfying our ego, however, we can often deny ourselves intellectual growth and opportunity. We may not always want to apply critical thinking skills, but we should have those skills available to be employed when needed."

retrieved from http://www.criticalreading.com/critical_thinking.htm on 3/10/2010

I agree with the last sentence completely, even if a person has the critical thinking skills they may not always apply them to all situations. Anyone wanting to learn more on the important skill of critical thinking should visit this site for helpful information.
I myself need to learn to apply critical thinking more often.

No comments: