The unemployment situation is for me getting out of hand. I have been trying to seek employment for over a year now with no luck. I thought going to school might broaden my chances. It seems every employer requires a degree of some kind. Now that I am working on that, they are also requiring "experience".
I wonder how a person it to get ahead.
I have applied at minimum wage positions and still no luck.
There has got to be a light at the end of this depressing tunnel.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know Terry , I always wander where does a person get experience from, when they just graduate from college? I think these companies must realize you have to start some where, and if you come to them experienced, that means, some one gave you a chance unexperienced, so it is not fair to turn down someone, because they are not experience. They have to start somewhere.
Anne, I knew I could not be the only one to realize this. I think if you have the basic knowledge from school then it would be eaisier to train someone to perform the work as the employer would prefer. I have worked with some one who would not change her previous knowlede and could not adapt to the procedure of the new company. Not a good ending for her.
You are correct in saying "Everyone has to start somewhere".
Post a Comment